tisdag 25 september 2012

Czech Hills


After a great time with the Dietzel family I left for Czech Republc. It was only about 30 km to the border so I was there after lunch. It’s always a little different coming into a new country. Even if it’s only 1 km between the cities you can instantly feel the difference. I entered the Czech Republic in a mountain region so after mostly flat ground through Europe I had to work a little bit more. It was also colder, especially during the night and in the morning. So after packing up it was nice to get on the bike and get warm by cycling uphill. But yesterday the weather got warmer and was exited to go to Prague. I slept about 60 km from Prague so I didn’t think there would be any problem getting in to the city in time. But there were much more hills on the way then what I had expected, especially around Krivoklat. But the reward is the beautiful scenery in regions like that and it’s definitely worth it.

After lunch today the hills got smaller and the last bit into Prague was very relaxing. Until I got in to the city and had to deal with the traffic and finding my way in a new and big city. But after a while a found a big straight road into the center. And because it was almost 6 a clock in the evening when I found a Hostel I decided to stay another day in Prague and see the city tomorrow.

I’m also trying to decide where to go from here. It's leaning towards going down to Vienna and then to Slovakia and Hungary. Any suggestions?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar