fredag 16 november 2012

Last day in Albania



After reaching the cost and Vlore the roads got a lot better and I cycled on for a while just past Orikum. I didn’t want to go any longer because after Orikum there would be a climb to about 1000 meters. Even this night I was very lucky with finding a place to sleep. At the second house I stopped by I met a very nice lady who didn’t want me to sleep in a tent since they had an empty room in there house. And I didn’t say no to that offer. It was difficult to communicate because they spoke Albanian and Italian, but we managed somehow even though it took some time. And I got a very nice warm shower and a big tasty meal.
 The next morning I ate a great breakfast with Shqipes homemade bread among other things. And I needed the energy for what’s to come. The climb started almost immediately and it was very steep at times. But the feeling when you are at the top is absolutely worth it. And the road down was great. Perfect asphalt and a winding road down the mountain towards the cost.
 The day continued with roads going up and down and it started raining more in the afternoon. I planned to stop and try to find a place for the night in some smaller villages along the way. But I started asking people a little too late and because of the rain clouds it got darker sooner than usual. I finally stopped at a village and talked to some people who thought I was crazy asking about a place for a tent when it was raining so much. I didn’t really understand the man but followed him to a coffee shop where he talked to some people. It turned out it was really close to a hotel. At first I said no to the hotel but when I walked out of the coffee shop it was completely dark out and it was raining hard. So I agreed on the hotel room even if it was more than I would like to pay for one night. But my attempts to barging got me nowhere.
Today I only cycled for about 30 kilometers to Sarande and found a very nice hostel for tonight. It’s only me and another man staying here. There is a very nice man running the place who even made us some lunch earlier today. Tomorrow I only have 40 km to the border to Greece. I’ve had a great time here in Albania and I have only nice things to say about the people here. Everyone has been very friendly and always wanted to help. So I highly recommend a trip to Albania.  

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar