lördag 20 oktober 2012

Up over hills and down into caves



After spending two days in Ljubljana I set my sight on Trieste and I was exited to see the ocean again. Since Ljubljana is a small city for a capital if was easy to find my way on to the right road. There were some hills to get over but I only cycled for about 50 km this day and found a place in the forest to sleep at. The new day I cycled the 10 km I had left to Postojna where I stopped and went for a tour in the cave. And it was really beautiful walking around in the massive cave with amazing stalagmites and stalactites. I was disappointed when I saw a sign with a crossed over camera and a man telling me it wasn’t allowed to take photos in the cave. But the tour guide our little English speaking group had was a little more laid back and cool enough to let us take photos as long as we didn’t use flash.
After riding the train back to the entrance it was already half past one and after a late lunch I wanted to get some kilometers on the bike to day as well. But I stopped around four when I found a nice place to set up the tent. I got an early start this morning and had a very easy ride to Italy and Trieste. It was almost downhill all the way. I hadn’t realized how high up a was until I went downhill for a long time and then came to a place where I could see the Adriatic Sea. And from there it was even more downhill to the city. It will be a short visit in Italy and I will be cycling south today, and probably I will have to get up those hills that I just came down from.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar