torsdag 19 juni 2014

Stuck on Langkawi

Last Sunday I left Thailand and got on the ferry to the island Langkawi in Malaysia. I didn’t know much about this place and thought I would only stay for a few days. But somehow I ended up staying here for 12 days all because of the nice people I met here.
The second day here a group from the guesthouse rented a minivan and went around the island. At first we stopped for a nice Malaysian breakfast eating Roti witch is kind of a pancake.
After that we continued to the cable car witch is the world’s steepest and a nice ride up to the top of a mountain. We continued the day with waterfall and later a tour around the mangrove forest. A nice day ended with another small waterfall where we could jump off a cliff into the cold refreshing water. It was a great start in Langkawi and a good way to get to know some more people staying at the guesthouse.
The next week passed by with some fun parties at the guesthouse, some motorbike trips around the island and some lazy days on the beach. My plan was to leave much earlier but extended a couple of time just because of the people here. And once I really was about to leave a Swedish guy that I met two months earlier on Ko Chang, Thailand came here and I again decided to stay for a few more days.

But tomorrow I’m really leaving this place and heading down to Georgetown for a few days before cycling the last bit down to Kuala Lumpur.  

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar